Since Machbase 5, STREAM is a newly supported real-time data processing function based on Continuous Query Language (CQL).
In other words, it is possible to extract the data satisfying a condition of incremental data inputted to the log table and to load it in real-time into another table.
If a conditional search is performed on all the data without using the stream function, the retrieval of the accumulated data is not only slow but also may be a heavy burden imposed on the system.
Stream can be used to retrieve conditions for specific log data entered in real time and respond quickly to events.
- Currently, Machbase (version 5.5) supports STREAM only in Edge Edition and Fog Edition.
- The Cluster Edition will be support STREAM in a future versions.
- The data input source is only available with the log table.
- The ability to use the tag table as a source will be supported in future versions.
- The data output destination is available for log and tag tables.